Creating content is not limited to the words you write. It is also about the photos that you display on your social media. Good photography can help you gain a lot of likes and followers. Hence to create better content online, we are sharing with you video and photo editing tips to help increase your social media statistics.
Tips To Create Better Content – Creating a Video:
To create a video, have a basic idea as to the flow of the video. This will help you to capture the video snippets to piece together later. When you video your scenes, keep the following in mind:
- Have a storyboard in mind
- Decide on the angles you want to video – Wide, Medium or Close-up
- Sometimes, you have to wait for the right elements to come together. For example, it could be getting the right light (sunset or sunrise), or it could be about having all the ingredients you need to make the video look good (for example, waiting for action shot to complement the sill shots).
- Frame your shot so that it helps you to tell your story.
Video Editing Apps
Tips To Create Better Content – Taking, Editing and Storing Photos
Having a “good eye” for the aesthetics is a bonus. Think about your style and focus for your social media. Then curate your photos accordingly. Always try to ensure that the photos you post are of good quality and high resolution. Tag your location and add appropriate hashtags.
- Take a wider shot of your photo.
- Crop and edit your photo after.
- Always process your photo before publishing
- Take your photos in either P-mode or Av mode
- Frame your photo whenever you can.
- Focus and shoot
- Transfer your photos to your phone for on-the-go editing and posting
- Try flatlays – more on that later.
Flatlays are an aerial view of a collection of items carefully and purposefully placed to tell a story. The photography is usually taken with the camera over this careful placement. Top bloggers, influencers and brands use clever flatlays to tell us stylish stories. Want to know how to produce a good flatlay? Follow these tips:
- Use BASIC background
- Take your photo in NATURAL light
- FILL in gaps
- Leave enough SPACE between items
- Keep the frame (Square or not) full
- Think about HERO piece
- Play with different-sized props
- Vary the levels and angles for some depth
- Pick items that LOOK good from top
- ENHANCE saturation, lighting and/or warmth
- Think of COLOR palette
- BUILD your prop box
Creating a good flatlay is not as easy as it seems. One needs to have a creative flair and a good visual eye (basically some talent) to put together a good flatlay. The good news is with practice and helpful tips, anyone can successfully create a good flatlay.
Here are some Photo Editing Apps for you to try:
- VSCO (use it for its filters)
- Canva (to create creative post for use on social media)
- Phonto (for square-cropping and adding of text / elements)
- Over (for creative text and quotes)