Changi Airport kicks off the September school holidays (1 to 10 September) with a Changi Loves Kids Campaign that comprises of a carnival, dining benefits and kids’ activity pack. Let us share with you about the Changi Loves Kids Carnival.
The carnival is located at Terminal 3, in the public area of Departure Check-in Hall Level 2 (Near Row 11). From now till 8 October, bring your kids to the airport for a jolly good time. What is there to do at the carnival?
The Changi Loves Kids Carnival offers rides for the younger kids (below 9 years old) like Heli Jet, Grand Carousel and Western Choo-choo train.
A note of caution: the wait can be lengthy as there was only one person managing the machines and handling the crowd while we were there. Also, there are only four heli-jets. Some kids or parents may get a bit impatient with the wait.
My girl hopped on the carousel so mommy (me) can take a picture. But she is clearly way past these rides. Also, it was a tad slow when we visited, but I have been told that the management will increase the speed so it’s more fun for the kids. There are no carriages, so for the younger ones (2 to 4 year olds), you might have to hold on to them as they ride the Grand Carousel.
The Western Train was resting while we were there. Little ones will find great joy riding in it.
The older kids might prefer the game booths that offers typical circus games like the Claw booth or the Strength Hammer and familiar games like “Feed The Lion” and “Ring Toss”. They can win limited edition Changi Airport prizes like the ones my daughter won.
She also got lucky with the claw and won a Changi Airport Nano-block set. Her other attempts yielded a very polite thank you note, so be warned. Not every ball contains a prize.
Dates and Operating Hours:
Noon to 11pm — 31 August – 10 Sep, Weekends: 16, 17, 23,24, 30 Sep and 1, 6, 7, 8 Oct
6pm – 11pm — 15, 22 and 29 Sep
HOW to Redeem Your Tickets
- Redeem three (3) sets of Carnival Passes when you spend a minimum of S$60 with a maximum of 2 same-day receipts OR S$80 for supermarket purchases.
- Mastercard® cardholders who spend the above tier fully on Mastercard® may redeem an additional Carnival Pass.
- Carnival Passes may also be purchased for S$10 pass at the ticketing redemption booth and only cash and credit card payment modes will be accepted for the purchase of Carnival Passes to the event.
- Each Carnival Pass will allow you access to any four (4) rides or games.
- The redemption and ticketing counter will close at 10.30pm during the operating dates.
- Valid same-day receipt(s) from any participating Changi Airport Shop & Dine outlet in the public area (except money changing facilities, medical clinics, top-up card machines, postal services, lounges, telecommunication outlets and Crowne Plaza Hotel) must be presented for redemption.
- Limited to one (1) redemption per qualifying receipt(s) regardless of spending amount in excess of the minimum spend required.
- Children below 7 years old are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No food and drinks are allowed on the rides or the area where the rides are.
- Participants who are pregnant, wheelchair bound, or suffering from medical problems relating to heart, back and neck are advised not to go on the rides.
- All participants below 16 years old will require their parent’s / guardian’s signature on the assumption of risk and release form before participating in the activity.
“Changi Loves Kids” is Changi Airport’s initiative to create a kids’ friendly destination for families to shop, dine and play. Launched last year in celebration of Children’s Day, the initiative is back for its second year with a series of activities and initiatives focusing on offering the best for Changi Airport’s little visitors. Promotion Period: 31 August (Thursday) to 8 October (Sunday) 2017
Kids dine FREE at these participating F&B outlets! Click HERE for full list. Also read our review of the Hello Kitty Orchid Garden Restaurant new kiddy menu that your kids will love. This promotion is valid during lunchtime, from 11am – 2pm, Saturdays & Sundays only.
Kids Activity Pack – Ask for these complimentary activity packs from the friendly F&B service staff at the restaurant. They are suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 10 years old. Each pack contains a multi-coloured pencil and one randomly inserted paper cut-out model from a set of 4 different designs. Watch out for special retail deals enclosed within the pack! For a full list of selected outlets offering Kids Activity Packs, please click here.
Enjoy your September school holidays folks!!
Till our next post, love yourself, love one another.