The key to choosing recipes suitable for busy parents is make sure the recipes are simple to prepare, and can be prepared in advance, stored in the refrigerator to be reheated and consumed later.
Here are some tips from LG Electronics (LG) nutritionists.
- For recipes suitable for toddlers and young children, choose recipes that contain fibre, protein and carbohydrate needed for your child’s growth.
- Cook the vegetables till they are soft or blend raw or cooked vegetables in dishes to help your child ingest the fibres easily. Try to include a vegetable in every dish for your child.
- Choose recipes that are lower in saturated fat. Fats are essential for your child’s growth, but the choice of fat is important.
- choose lean meats and fish over processed meats and remove the skin to reduce the saturated fat level.
- Add fish and other plant oils with high mono-unsaturated fat and poly-unsaturated fat (such as omega 3) to your child’s diet.
- Try to choose whole-grain carbohydrates to increase the fibre, mineral and vitamin content in your meal.
- Use lower sodium alternative and reduce the sodium in your recipe; experiment with various herbs and spices to flavour your dish instead.
Try some of these recipes recommended by the LG nutritionists:
♥ Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
♥ Mashed Potatoes
♥ Fresh Tomato and Pecorino Cheese Pasta
♥ Cod with Salsa Verde
♥ Green Beans with Almonds
♥ Ice Cream Treasures
You may also like my review on Life Is Good With LG on TheAsianParent.com