You are excited. Your little bub is finally of age to enter formal school — Primary One. This is a big milestone in your child’s academic journey and one with lots of transitions for your child and you. You have many decisions to make such as which primary school to enroll your child and some concerns like is your child ready for primary school.
This Parent’s Guide is a comprehensive resource that offers you everything you need to know to help your child transit smoothly from kindergarten to primary school.
- How to choose the right primary school for your bub?
- Elite vs Neighborhood: Are all schools equal?
- Is International school a better option than a local primary school?
- What are the criteria that parents should consider before they make their decision?
- What your child needs to know before entering primary One.
- Top primary schools to volunteer at.
- The primary school registration process.
- Does your child need preparatory class?
- When should you start tuition for your child?
- Primary One orientation – Do’s and Dont’s
What was your experience with registering your child for Primary One? Do you have any other advice for parents with soon-to-be primary one students?