Ever wondered what it is like to own a million dollars? My daughter told me to ask a celebrity that question. “They probably have that kind of money,” she quips.
This much money is actually not that difficult to achieve these days. Here are FIVE ways you can join the Millionaires Club.
- Inheritance – A friend of mine became an instant millionaire when he inherited a million dollars from his deceased grandparents.
- Become self-made millionaires by working hard at a trade that can earn you huge returns (i.e. real estate, insurance, profession like medicine, law or technology).
- Buy and own a piece of prominent real estate including HDBs in affluent neighbourhoods like Holland Village, East Coast or Tiong Bahru.
- Buy 4D or Toto Tickets. Hey, you never know until you try your luck!
- Participate in game shows or contests that GIVES AWAY a million dollars!!
And you are in luck because our very own Changi Airport is giving away a Million Dollars this year. This is the 8thyear of the Changi Millionaire retail promotion and this year, they are giving away TWO grand prizes – One Million Dollars (S$1,000,000)ORan all-new Volvo S90 T5 luxury sedan (car).
How do you participate?
All you have to do is shop at any of the retail shops at the airport. To qualify for the lucky draw,spend S$50 in a single receipt between now and 31 October 2017. One lucky finalist will be picked each month to go into the Grand Draw, bringing you one step closer to becoming a Changi Millionaire.
The campaign attracted close to 1.2 million entries from participants globally last year. Since its launch, seven Changi Airport shoppers have realised their million-dollar dreams, including Singaporeans Ivan Rantung (2010) and Peh Hock Peng (2012), Australian Jessica Down (2011), Indonesians Irvung Tio (2013) and Ade Iskandar (2016), Irish Linda Tobin (2015) and Japanese Seiichiro Oiyama (2014).
Shoppers who make purchases of more than S$500 in accumulated spend in a single day will get a chance to win the all-new Volvo S90 T5 luxury sedan. Six finalists will be selected EACH MONTH to enter the draw for a chance to drive away the luxury sedan, which is from Volvo’s premium sedan range featuring a turbocharged engine and 8-speed Geartronic transmission.
Need some ideas to spend S$50?
A meal with your family at the restaurants will easily land you above the $50 range. And shopping is a national pastime that all Singaporeans love. Shopping at the retail outlets will give you a chance at the winning ticket. In addition, a seventh finalist will be picked from qualifying shoppers on iShopChangi – Changi Airport’s online shopping portal (www.iShopChangi.com) – and an eighth finalist will be drawn from the Platinum members of the Changi Rewards loyalty programme.
So, shop in person, online and use your rewards card. Here are some of our parents’ favourites:
1) LEGO Super Heroes Kryptonite Interception (Price: S$60.65)
For your little superhero fans, explode the Kryptonite from the forklift in the Batmobile, featuring 2 stud shooters and opening doors.
2) Friso Gold Stage 2 900G(Price: S$51.40)
For the little ones, purchase Friso Gold to support your child’s digestion and good gut health, with Prebiotics and Probiotics.
3) LEGO Friends Livi’s Pop Star House (Price: S$93.36)
Live it up at the LEGO® Friends Pop Star House with its modern kitchen and lounge area, bedroom with en suite and steps down to the outdoor pool. Includes 2 mini-dolls and a dog. For the princesses at home who love to build!
4) LANCASTER Invisible Mist for Children Wet Skin Application SPF50(Price: S$43.00)
This high protection product will keep your kids safe from harmful UV rays for sure. Time-saving, water resistant, and anti-sand, the mist can be applied even onto wet skin, without leaving traces after spreading so your children can get the most fun out in the sun, as well as when you travel.
5) J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One & Two(Price: S$37.30)
For the bookworms who love to read and love Harry Potter, this book will keep your children absorbed throughout your flight, featuring the renowned play of Harry Potter as an adult with 3 children.
Till our next post, love yourself, love one another. Live strong and stay free.